Does this sound like you?
- Do you find yourself always worrying about what could happen?
- Do you feel unsafe in the world?
- Do you have a hard time relaxing?
- Do you feel tense or wound up or restless a lot of the time?
- Are you having difficulty concentrating?
- Are you irritated a lot of the time?
- Are you having difficulty sleeping?
- Are you getting tired or worn out a lot?
Can you imagine yourself like this instead?
- Able to take things in stride.
- Able to realistically assess dangers and prepare in a helpful way, then let go!
- Sleeping well at night.
- Having control over your mind, rather than letting worry thoughts take control of you.
- Being able to calm yourself, and get in touch with your inner wisdom or Higher Power in situations that used to throw you into a tizzy.
- Actually understanding how to implement the Serenity Prayer:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference